The Bamboo Club offers unique Asian foods from Vietnam, Singapore, China and many South East Asian countries. I would have to admit that their food in general is close to authentic, yum. Lets see if they’re orthodontic braces friendly too…
1. Bamboo Platter—Appetizer ($14): Most of the food here is soft enough to be considered braces friendly including the unforgettable Coconut Shrimp, Potsticker and Orange Chicken. I liked the potstickers although it needs to be dipped into the provided special soy sauce, it has ginger in it so it may not be appealing to those who don’t like ginger. The Egg Rolls are not braces friendly and bland (not tasty).
2. Mongolian Style Beef ($14.5): This dish is an all time favorite amongst many locals. It is usually braces unfriendly but was surprised at how tender it is. This dish was probably not overcooked today and the type of beef also determines its tenderness. Thumbs up for this dish although I would still cut it up into small pieces for those wearing metal or clear braces.
3. Sesame Honey Chicken ($13.5): This is a very good tasting soft chicken breast dish and the Sweet Cold Cucumbers that come with it are delicious. The chicken is already cubed to bite sized pieces.
4. Mandarin Orange Chicken ($12.5): This dish was featured at the top of the menu but it is tough to chew.
5. Hot Fish—Swordfish ($16): This fish is already cubed to bite sized pieces and has a flavorful sauce, but the fish tastes a little fishy. I wouldn’t order this dish again.
6. Chicken Noodles—Kid’s menu: The noodles and chicken are tender and tasty although the broccoli and carrots are too tough to chew on.
7. Fried Rice: This fried rice is as authentic as it can get, you can smell the fire from the hot wok in the rice, OMG! I can’t recommend this dish enough. Yummy! Plus it is braces friendly too.
1. Bamboo Platter
a. Coconut Shrimp: Braces friendly, chew slowly.
b. Pot-sticker: Braces friendly
c. Sesame Chicken: Braces friendly
d. Egg Rolls: Not braces friendly
2. Mongolian Style Beef: Braces friendly
3. Sesame Honey Chicken: Braces friendly
4. Mandarin Orange Chicken: Not braces friendly
5. Hot Fish—Swordfish: Braces friendly
6. Chicken Noodles—kid’s: Braces friendly except for the broccoli and carrots.
7. Fried Rice: Braces friendly yummy.
Discussion & Summary:
The day after eating at the Bamboo Club, we heard the news that they are closing on Sunday due to breakdown in lease negotiation with Park Place Mall, so sad. I hope they reopen in Tucson again.
PS: Please cut up food into small bite sized pieces.
PSS: don’t forget to brush teeth and braces after eating.
Your friendly local orthodontist, Dr. Leo Toureno
My patients ask me all the time: “What can I eat?” or “What can’t I eat?”
In my blog: “Braces Friendly Food Restaurant Series”, I go to local Tucson and Sahuarita AZ restaurants and food trailers to sample their appetizers, entrees and deserts in search of Yummy foods that may be “safe” for those wearing orthodontic braces, i.e. lower risk for breaking orthodontic brackets.* Who says braces food has to be Blah!
(* This claim should not be construed as medical, dental or orthodontic advice. You should always ask your physician, dentist or orthodontist for professional advice before attempting to eat new types of food. Please use common sense.)
All rights reserved | Copyright © 2013 Dr. Leo Toureno
This blogpost may be re-blogged provided that credit is given to Dr. Leo Toureno and www.JustSmileOrtho.com by back linking.
Please feel free to link, share & forward this blogpost to your friends, you don't have to ask for permission to do this.